Coastal Threads Art Prize 2023
Create a Coastal Garden Quilt.
Coastal Threads Art Prize 2023
Sewing, threads, fibres, contemporary, traditional, play the focus of this prize & exhibition is Colour, Composition, Creativity & Craftsmanship
Open to all fibre, thread & textile Artists. The Art prize accepts entries representing any use of fibre, threads & textiles and encourages the artist to explore art quilting and textile art practices.
Enter your contemporary and/or traditional art interpretations of the theme.
This Coastal Quilt Collection will be judged and travel on exhibition in 2023.
Coastal Threads Textile Art Prize & Exhibition in 2023 sometime!
* 1st Prize $500
* 2nd Prize $250
* 3rd prize $150
entry fee: $35 AUD plus a paid return postage pack addressed to you the Quiltmaker.
Conditions of Entry:
Coastal Threads Textiles Art Prize is a juried exhibition, and will be displayed at possible venues TBA.
Entries welcome from all Art Quilters, Quilters, Textile Artists and Students, open age and experience.
Non-refundable entry fee per quilt of $35 AUD plus gst direct deposit details to accompany the entry form
Please email your quilt entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for entry forms and payment: March 1st, 2023.
Size of entry to be 30cm x 30cm and be a small quilt consisting of 3 layers stitched together in your style.
A label recording the name, address and phone number of the entrant must be securely attached to the back of the entry.
No hanging sleeve is required.
· Entries must be finished in 2022-2023 and be the original work of the entrant
· Quilt Entries must arrive by April 1st, 2023 & Posted to
Caroline Sharkey 11 Bellingen St Urunga 2455 NSW
· IMPORTANT Postage and handling: you will need to provide suitable packaging along with the appropriate return postage if this is not supplied your entry will not be returned.
· You must take out your own insurance if you want to insure your work.
· Your work may be photographed for promotional purposes and posted on web sites and social media associated with the organizers and event sponsors
· Every opportunity will be accepted on your behalf for Coastal Threads Exhibition 2023 to go on tour around Australia
*Coastal Threads Exhibition is to remain together as an exhibition for a minimum of 12 months.
*All prizes are in Australian Dollars and may be withheld if sufficient entries are not received.
*Announcements of winners and exhibition venues will be posted on my Facebook page Caroline Sharkey https://www.facebook.com/caroline.sharkey.5 and Instagram page @carolinesharkeytextiles
· Liability: the organisers of Coastal Threads Textiles Art Prize & Exhibition expressly exclude all liability for loss or damage, however caused or incurred in connection with your participation in the Coastal Threads Textiles Art Prize & Exhibition 2023.
You agree to participate entirely at your own risk by signing this form.
Please keep a signed copy of this entry form for your records (by printing this page).
By completing your registration form and pressing "submit" you will be taken to a page to purchase your entry fee. Once complete your registration will be final.